Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions stated below will only apply if the booking is handled direct by the owner of Field Cottage.
If the booking is processed by the holiday agent acting on behalf of Field Cottage, then the agents Terms and Conditions will apply.
Booking and Payment
- A booking for the property will be provisionally held for 7 days, pending receipt
of a completed booking form and a deposit of one third the total fee or full payment. Payment is
to be made via cheque in pounds sterling issued by a UK bank. The proprietor reserves the right to
decline any booking which they feel is unsuitable for the property.
- The balance of payment is required no later than 6 weeks prior to the start of the
booking. In addition, I must regrettably request a separate cheque for £100, which will
be held as a deposit against breakages or other damage for the duration of the stay.
Non payment at this time may be deemed as a cancellation of the booking by the hirer.
Full directions to the property will be sent on completion of payment.
- If the booking is cancelled in writing at least 6 weeks before the start date, then
a refund will be made of any payment made less the deposit. No refund will be made if the booking
is cancelled within 6 weeks of the start date. We strongly recommend that you take out a
cancellation insurance policy through your own insurance broker.
- The number of people staying at the property must not exceed those booked and the
proprietor reserves the right to order any unauthorized persons off the premises.
- Arrival time is from 4:00pm, but please advise if you will be later than 5:30pm to
arrange key collection. Departure time is before 10am.
- Any damage to the property must be reported. Accidental damage or breakages of a
minor nature will not normally be charged for, but the hirer will be liable for any damage valued
- The hirer must leave the property in the same clean and tidy state it was in when
they arrived. The hirer will be charged the cost of any cleaning that is required after their
departure should the property be left in an unreasonable condition.
- There is a strict no smoking policy within the Cottage and around the stable area.
Smoking is only permitted in the patio and garden areas of the property.
- The proprietor reserves the right to enter the premises at any time, but will
endeavor to do so only when convenient with the hirer.
- Please remember that by its very nature some features of the property are old, so
it should be recognised that doorways may not be of a modern height or width. Similarly, the
stairs are steep and although a good hand rail is installed, care should be taken.
- Please ensure that you completely clean up after your pet from both the Cottage and
garden at the end of your stay.
- Pets are not permitted on the furniture or allowed upstairs.
- Horse are accepted on the strict condition that they are in good health, wormed
and not carrying any transferable diseases. The horses are the responsibility of the owner/keeper
and the proprietor accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage/injury caused to anything
on or off the property. A third party liability insurance is advisable.
- Payment for grazing and other requirements to be made prior to arrival, on the same
basis as that of the Cottage. Horses are to be removed from the property at the same time as
vacation of the Cottage unless prior written agreement is given.
- The stables and paddocks should be left clean of all droppings at the end of the
- The nearest Equine Vet is in Woodbridge and contact details will be provided. The
local Farrier is also available to help in emergencies if he can and you are advised to check the
condition of your horses shoes, or hooves well before you set off from home.
- The proprietor will accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage
sustained by any resident, their family, visitors, animals, vehicles or personal effects,
- In the event of the property becoming uninhabitable for the following reasons, fire,
flood, electricity or water supply interruption, boiler failure or acts of God, the proprietor
will endeavor to rectify the problem as soon as possible or offer a pro-rata refund. The proprietor
cannot be held liable
for compensation due to loss of enjoyment in the event of a letting being affected by any of
the above occurrences.
- All statements and information is given in good faith, being true and correct to
the best of our knowledge and belief, but the proprietor accepts no liability in the event of
any such statement or information being untrue or incorrect.
- By signing the Booking Form the hirer accepts the full terms and conditions
as stated above.